Home General Discussion

I don't know what it is

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
About myself, but it seems no matter where I go, people want to spill their life's story to me. Take yesterday for example, While I was sitting there at the cigar bar, smoking a My Father robusto, this guy starts chatting with me...fine...so I wasn't rude or anything, but I thought I was obvious that I was more interested in my ballgame...anyways, then he starts telling me about his daughter and the guy she's dating and how he doesn't approve...blah blah blah...and I was just thinking to myself "Dude, I hardly EVER get out of the house to come up here...much less being able to watch a game I'm interested in...please for the love of GOD, leave me in peace..."

It happened again last weekend too, while not at the cigar bar, but outside in my driveway...my wife and 3 year old were outside trying to play when all these wasps started fiying around. Figured there was a nest up under the overhang of the garage, so I went and got a big ass can of wasp spray...my new next door neighbor then decides that this is the perfect time to come over there and introduce herself...WHILE I have a ton of really pissed of wasps flying around THAT I'M TRYING TO STILL KILL. She starts talking about how they lost their house and had to move into a smaller house and how it's soooo much smaller than they're used to...blah blah blah...and she was one of these motor mouth people who won't STFU for a sec where u can get a word in edge wise....nope...not one @#$ word. Anyways, she's still spilling her guts when her damn dog decides to walk into my garage and then try to get into my house...doesn't phase her one bit...still talking. Not till I walked away from her did she realize what the hell was going on. By that time my 3 year was freaking out because some bulldog is trying to get the door open.
Am I crazy getting pissed by this crap?? Or am I just an @sshole??

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Naw, it happens...had some people invite themselves over to my house last week...I didn't want to be rude so my Wife and I couldn't turn them away and ended up inviting them into the house. One of those things, sometimes I wish there was an easy way to program my phone so it would ring when somebody is running their mouth and I can walk away without being rude lol
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Nick2021:
    Naw, it happens...had some people invite themselves over to my house last week...I didn't want to be rude so my Wife and I couldn't turn them away and ended up inviting them into the house. One of those things, sometimes I wish there was an easy way to program my phone so it would ring when somebody is running their mouth and I can walk away without being rude lol
    that would be an awesome app!! I'd pay a buck for it, ;)
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    That stuff happens to my wife all the time. People will meet her for the first time, and tell her their life stories, intimate details, and things you'd just never tell a stranger. I don't know what it is. I guess she just listens, and isn't judgmental.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Krieg:
    Nick2021:
    that would be an awesome app!! I'd pay a buck for it, ;)

On my iPhone I have an app called Appzilla. I downloaded it from the App Store. When you download it, it's actually 90 apps in one. Some are marginally useful - most are not. But there's one that you can program to ring your phone at a given time with a fake call. Maybe you should have a look to see if Appzilla is available for your phone.

And, instead of dollars, you can send cigars.

Marty

• JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    To have end the conversation abruptly you should have asked 2 questions, and 1 statement;

Questions

1. Is she of age?

2. Is she hot?

Statement

Maybe I'd like to get in on the action
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I blame the Kidney Stone guy on you Chris, if you weren't so damn approachable we might have had less ear rape.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Your face must be full of understanding and friendship.
    Hayblet:
    I blame the Kidney Stone guy on you Chris, if you weren't so damn approachable we might have had less ear rape.
    I resent that Spence! I wouldn't wish that man on my worse enemy
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I understand this completely! I deal with peoples drama and problems for a living, and in my personal time, I really don't want to fucking hear it. But I always find "that" person that has an entire Oprah show worth of sh*t to share with me when I'm trying to relax and have a drink or smoke...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    sightunseen:
    Your face must be full of understanding and friendship.
    +1 apparently im blessed with the opposite. Very rarely do people even say hi to me. And im very happy to keep it that way. I'm a nice enough guy but def. Not a people person.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I used to have problems with Jehovah's witness coming by my old house all the time. I had a 16' reticulated python in my back bedroom in a cage and was about to feed it a large rabbit when my doorbell rang and, sure enuff jumpin jehovas are at the door. Being a quick thinker and never letting an opportunity pass I told them "glad you're here, just in time for the sacrifice to the dark lord"... Never had them cone back, ever....
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    cabinetmaker:
    I used to have problems with Jehovah's witness coming by my old house all the time. I had a 16' reticulated python in my back bedroom in a cage and was about to feed it a large rabbit when my doorbell rang and, sure enuff jumpin jehovas are at the door. Being a quick thinker and never letting an opportunity pass I told them "glad you're here, just in time for the sacrifice to the dark lord"... Never had them cone back, ever....
    I just tell them my dog is in heat and loves to rub up on people, but come on in and sit down. Lets talk some crazy stuff while my dogs juice is running down your leg. Again they never came back.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Duhhhhh, you're the most interesting man in the world. Of course people want to talk to you. When you go to mueseums, you're allowed to touch the art!!
    ironhorse:
    Duhhhhh, you're the most interesting man in the world. Of course people want to talk to you. When you go to mueseums, you're allowed to touch the art!!
    When I go to museums, they ask me if to pose in an exhibit, Because I AM a work of art.
    cabinetmaker:
    I laughed for 10min when I read this.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Krieg:
    Hayblet:
    Neither would I Chris, yet they warned you about him and you didn't warn us.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I was in one of your cigar bars the other day when I was home... Picked up some 460 Cain Nub 'F's for the trip over here. Shoulda bought the whole damned box, but figured Andy can get me a better deal, gotta wait till after I smoke tonight to see how many people show up to clear out this humidor.

I understand the feeling about the life story, but the dog thing would have pissed me off. You should have said welcome to Bartow, we have a strict leash law, and loose gun laws. I did that once to a neighbor and they started laughing, I went inside and got my daughters bb pistol. Funny thing, people who don't own guns don't know what a real one looks like!
    DSWarmack:
    I was in one of your cigar bars the other day when I was home... Picked up some 460 Cain Nub 'F's for the trip over here. Shoulda bought the whole damned box, but figured Andy can get me a better deal, gotta wait till after I smoke tonight to see how many people show up to clear out this humidor.

I understand the feeling about the life story, but the dog thing would have pissed me off. You should have said welcome to Bartow, we have a strict leash law, and loose gun laws. I did that once to a neighbor and they started laughing, I went inside and got my daughters bb pistol. Funny thing, people who don't own guns don't know what a real one looks like!
    lol, bet that went over well!
    Hayblet:
    Krieg:
    Hayblet:
    Neither would I Chris, yet they warned you about him and you didn't warn us.
    That is true. My bad! ;)