Home General Discussion

Labor Day plans.....

NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
Im headed up north to the girlfriends parents cabin. Woods, peace, the river, fishing, boating, kayaking. My health has picked up a bit, so ill be bringing the herf-a-dor. Hope I get to have a stick or 2. Think ill bring the MOW SE that ive been saving. Dont think ill get to the the Badge of honor with my sinus issues, so I may as well just enjoy the one SE that I do have. I have tons of singles, but i always hesitate to grab them, not having tasted most of them, I dont wanna have any sticks i wont enjoy with me... so ill probably gravitate to a Nica Libre, and Gurkha Master Select as well.

Anyway... what are your plans for the weekend??!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Headed to SC to visit my great-grandmother. She's kinda cool for such an old lady.

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Sounds like fun.

I think I'm going to barbecue once or twice, smoke some cigars, and drink some rum/tequila/and or scotch depending on the heat and my mood.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Gonna hit up a festival maybe definitely smoke some gars. drink lots of beer and rum lol.
  • BeardedYetiBeardedYeti Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    I think the wife and I are headed back to her parents house...she'll probably go out shopping with her mother, and the father-in-law and I will grill sausages and do some smoking.

If that doesn't happen, you'll find me camped out on my balcony with some Jim Beam Red Stag (black cherry bourbon), a good thick book, and some cigars.

And of course, steak, preferably venison.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    AH! Yes. I forgot to mention. I ALWAYS ply the girlfriends dad with cigars. He smokes... gas station crap. Im the knight in shining armor, or at least... the guy with good smokes. I keep him going on Regular MOW's. He loves them. Funny story, my girl, despite being a very cute, short blond girl, is a huge metal head. And there is this metal band called Man O War. She turned her dad onto them... and I used that to turn him onto good cigars. :)
  • dhall6dhall6 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    Thats pretty funny. I was recently at my girlfriends having an AB Tempus and one of her brothers friends was like is that Phillie?..no, not by a long shot..lol Im heading up to PA to see family for a couple days.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    stephen_hannibal:
    Headed to SC to visit my great-grandmother. She's kinda cool for such an old lady.

What part of SC you headed to..I have a lot of family in SC.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    A Conference, all weekend. Really looking forward to it.
  • DHawkDHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Probably be lazy Friday if/when we get some rain, get off work at 11am. Saturday and Sundy shooting in a Field Archery shoot. Monday I will most likely get my motorcycle out and do some riding. And of course try to get 2-3 cigars in too.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    NYHCx516x:
    AH! Yes. I forgot to mention. I ALWAYS ply the girlfriends dad with cigars. He smokes... gas station crap. Im the knight in shining armor, or at least... the guy with good smokes. I keep him going on Regular MOW's. He loves them. Funny story, my girl, despite being a very cute, short blond girl, is a huge metal head. And there is this metal band called Man O War. She turned her dad onto them... and I used that to turn him onto good cigars. :)
    Damn, a girlfriend that knows Manowar...sounds like a keeper to me.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    j0z3r:
    NYHCx516x:
    +1.

And glad to hear your sinuses are getting better.
    j0z3r:
    NYHCx516x:
    :) Its cute when she wears her super oversized manowar t-shirt, lol.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Going camping to Rainbow Spgs, float down the river a few times and burn sticks with my local BOTL camping pal.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Work... The girlfriend is pissed about that
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    NYHCx516x:
    Im headed up north to the girlfriends parents cabin. Woods, peace, the river, fishing, boating, kayaking. My health has picked up a bit, so ill be bringing the herf-a-dor. Hope I get to have a stick or 2. Think ill bring the MOW SE that ive been saving. Dont think ill get to the the Badge of honor with my sinus issues, so I may as well just enjoy the one SE that I do have. I have tons of singles, but i always hesitate to grab them, not having tasted most of them, I dont wanna have any sticks i wont enjoy with me... so ill probably gravitate to a Nica Libre, and Gurkha Master Select as well.

Whereabouts up nert? My girlfriend has 'rents with a place up in Amberg, WI in Athelstane (spelling?)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    she will get over it! lol...if she is mad oh well...least u got a job! lol..Well as you all know I just started a new job and after a full almost 42 hour week by end of tommorrow...i will be pooped out...lol...gf is going to come over, cook dinner, relax, some other unmentionable things on here, and freaking sleep in till 10 on saturday, clean the cars, some house work, shopping, hell, depending on how the weather turns out i may even fish in the ponds in front of her house, um....sunday, laundry all freaking day, more unmentionable stuff since her parents are outa town, cigars, relaxing, and oh yeah almost forgot, killing a ton of guinness this weekend! lol
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Going out to the lake for my 4 day weekend with the family to relax, hang out, smoke some cigars, and enjoy the peace and quiet away from the city and away from work.
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    Made all kinds of plans to head down to San Diego with my wife and friends til we realized we had no one to watch our 14 week old puppy. Opps. I will be sitting around scrapin up cash for a Cabinet Humidor it seems.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Wish I had the day off :(
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    NYHCx516x:

Man of War.... saw them like 20 years ago...... guitar player had a Guitae Shaped like a M16 Big Muscle guy....... Sick Metal Sick

My wife and I are Heading for Mendicino County to the mountains Camping with some friends..Good food and BigFoot Seaching Close to where the Famous Film near bluff creek
    1967: Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin reported that on October 20 they had captured a purported Sasquatch on film at Bluff Creek, California. This came to be known as the Patterson-Gimlin film, which is purported to be the best evidence of Bigfoot by many advocates.
    Of course ill be taunting BigFoot with several Great Sticks !
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Going to Big bear to visit inlaws. Dont have a clue what the wife is going to do but the men are going to shoot guns, drink beer and Makers Mark 46, smoke ribs and smoke lots of cigars!
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I'll be going to Krieg's land. Along with my wife, our 2 dachsies, oldest son, his wife, and their 2 dachsies we'll be staying in the N. GA mtns from Sat - Wed. Our rental has decks with great mtn views, hot tub, pool table, etc. We'll be grilling great food, drinking cold beer, Maker's Mark, and having some great smokes.
    Redtailhawkoz:
    NYHCx516x:

Man of War.... saw them like 20 years ago...... guitar player had a Guitae Shaped like a M16 Big Muscle guy....... Sick Metal Sick

My wife and I are Heading for Mendicino County to the mountains Camping with some friends..Good food and BigFoot Seaching Close to where the Famous Film near bluff creek
    1967: Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin reported that on October 20 they had captured a purported Sasquatch on film at Bluff Creek, California. This came to be known as the Patterson-Gimlin film, which is purported to be the best evidence of Bigfoot by many advocates.
    Of course ill be taunting BigFoot with several Great Sticks !
    VERY, VERY cool. Im sure you can lure him out with smokes. I remember seeing that film over and over as a kid on the discovery channel. Probably on "In Search Of..." with Leonard Nemoy. :)
    Lasabar:
    NYHCx516x:

Whereabouts up nert? My girlfriend has 'rents with a place up in Amberg, WI in Athelstane (spelling?)
    Just north of wausaukee on the river up there. I cant remember, where in WI are you? we really need to meet up one day.
    Well, im off like a prom dress, see you guys monday night. (and thanks to kelly for the deal tomorrow that i may or may not want, ill shoot you that e mail!!)
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Leaving for VEGAS in exactly 4 hrs and 5 minutes!
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Stayin home, 3 days of BBQ stogies rum, scotch and beer. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and a few naps, gunna take a few naps.....it's what we old people do.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Russ55:
    Sounds like fun.

I think I'm going to barbecue once or twice, smoke some cigars, and drink some rum/tequila/and or scotch depending on the heat and my mood.
    Sounds like the perfect weekend.