Home General Discussion

Socal bbq/herf 8/22

j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
Ok fellas, it is about that time for another herf and Jason has volunteered his backyard, pool and grill for the next bbq and herf. Since we are talking about a sunday, we figured a 1pm start time would be a little better. Plans are to grill carne asada early for lunch and throw a couple birds on to slow cook for the evening time, I will be brining the chickens 24 hours in advance and they will be good.

So sound off if you are coming and put down what you plan to bring so we don't get several people bringing the same thing. I will be bringing the birds and will probably whip up some of my black bean chipotle dip. Let's see if we can't do one better than last time.

And if you guys want I can bring mojito fixins as well, nothing like a nice mojito on a hot August day.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    What part of So Cal...i need to get down and join my buddies down there who just bombed the hell out of me! lol
  • baldsmoker70baldsmoker70 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 23
    i will p/u like 7 0r 8 pds of carne asada, tortillas and that sour cream they have their. woohoo!!!...........oh your mojitos are bomb so i definately wont refuse one! :-)
    i will p/u like 7 0r 8 pds of carne asada, tortillas and that sour cream they have their. woohoo!!!...........oh your mojitos are bomb so i definately wont refuse one! :-)
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I'm coming and need advice on what to bring. Without any direction that might end up being a bottle of Milagro Silver, but I'm willing to take direction.
  • TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    Yo... SoCal Brothers are throwin down again!!! Count me IN... it's on like Donkey Kong! I will bring all thee table ware, homemade mango salsa, and my nearly famous pintobeans and homemade chorizo... I am pullin out all the stops on the "Pool Herf"... dam I am gonna be craving a mojito all week!!! ROCK!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    What part of So Cal...i need to get down and join my buddies down there who just bombed the hell out of me! lol
    We will be in Menifee which is in Riverside county...probably a good drive for you but you're.more than welcome to join us any time.

Jason, 7-8 pounds seems like an awful lot especially if we are going to make chicken for later. Up to you if you want to get that much of course, I'm sure it won't go to waste.

Russ, maybe we can designate you as soda and chip guy. We have Tim taking care of plates and assorted tableware, probably cups too. And Jason can get the meat and we can just divvy up the cost of that between 3-4 guys since it is the single most expensive item. Am I missing anything?
    j0z3r:
    . Am I missing anything?
    Maybe Alex or TimB could send some CCom Cigar girls over to pass out cigars :) Ohh ya I got cups covered too!
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    . Am I missing anything?
    Maybe Alex or TimB could send some CCom Cigar girls over to pass out cigars :) Ohh ya I got cups covered too!
    haha, definitely. If not now, in September we need a cigar.com presence at the herf to commemorate the one year anniversary of the longest running, organized cigar.com herf. Alex, Tim...??? Wink [;)]
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    dam guys...its like a 8 hour drive from my place...bummer...too long to drive in one day and back...next time though...maybe one weekend we can all meet up in San Fran or something like that....San Jose would be cool with me..gf has family there....bummer im missing this though...wish i could join u guys!
    Damn...8 hours? Well until we are able to figure something out, you can herf with us in spirit. :)

I don't know when, but one of these days I'm going to make a trip up north and herf with as many cen/nor cal guys as I can....one of these days.
    j0z3r:
    Russ, maybe we can designate you as soda and chip guy.
    Sure thing. Any idea on quantities or the amount of people going to be there?
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ, maybe we can designate you as soda and chip guy.
    Sure thing. Any idea on quantities or the amount of people going to be there?
    last time we had eight people, hard to say for sure how many this time, but eight is a reasonable guess. So whatever will work, worst case we either have extra or have to go down the road to the store.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Dammit, I've got my kids birthday this weekend. I'm gonna miss it again ! I will make one of these I promise.
    brotheradam:
    Dammit, I've got my kids birthday this weekend. I'm gonna miss it again ! I will make one of these I promise.
    We should be getting together again on Sept.11th to commemorate a year of monthly herfing. Hope you can make it down. And if there was one herf for Vinny to attend, this would be the one. *hint hint Vinny.* ;)
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    j0z3r:
    brotheradam:
    We should be getting together again on Sept.11th to commemorate a year of monthly herfing. Hope you can make it down. And if there was one herf for Vinny to attend, this would be the one. *hint hint Vinny.* ;)
    Vinny and I are supposed to go to the Crush & Roll Cigar & Wine event in Paso Robles that day :(
    brotheradam:
    j0z3r:
    brotheradam:
    Vinny and I are supposed to go to the Crush & Roll Cigar & Wine event in Paso Robles that day :(
    Bummer, but cool all the same, that sounds like fun. You guys will be with us in spirit.
    The wife is heading to the store a little later today, so chips and soda will be taken care of.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    I can bring some Spanish rice. Any thing else you guys can think of?
    leonard:
    I can bring some Spanish rice. Any thing else you guys can think of?
    Also will bring some corn on the cob.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    What can I bring?
    Hey Todd, surprise us. PS to the mountain bikers among us, are we riding before the herf? Where?
    oh dont forget swimtrunks and towel, also a hat so u dont burn your melon while your smoking in the water!
    leonard:
    Hey Todd, surprise us. PS to the mountain bikers among us, are we riding before the herf? Where?
    I'm out on the ride. Turns out I have to work Sunday morning. Hopefully it doesn't make me late to the bbq, maybe it will work out.
    Just started the hamhocks on a slow simmer to make the stock for the beans... after simmering 16 hours the hamhocks will have given every bit of flavor to the stock... will soak the beans overnight and add the finished stock, meat and other spices in the am for a 4 to 5 hour simmer. The wheels are in motion!
    Dam Tim those beans sound good! If they are near as good as your salsa they will be the bomb!
    pool water is at 86, gona be perfect for tomorrow afternoon! were gona be hurtin for certain with all the good food!
    I'll be leaving in about 5 minutes. See you guys there.
    The pool herf is in progress! imageimage
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    We need more photos!