Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• chuckster121chuckster121 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Just a National Brand corona. Smoked an Eileens Dream last night. Liked it a lot!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    if you liked the eileens dream you will def like the moontrance
    earlier had the little cohiba black pequnos(sp) as stated in earlier post today and finished with a # 55 anejo torpedo (cedar wrapped) - not a shark but still damn good ! very fine cigar !
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Spent the afternoon at the B&M had a Oliva V lancero and a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 YUMMY!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    What a cigar day, in keeping with my normal Saturday routine, I crammed as many cigars in as possible to alleviate the boredom of my weekend rut. Today was robusto day, started off with a Gran Habano #1 Connecticut robusto which was nice, to me it falls somewhere between the Cusano 18 and the 5V Gold on the mild cigar flavor spectrum, which is not a bad place to be IMO. Moving on... later was a ccom Cuban label robusto, I'd swear it was the first one I've had, but the entire time I smoked it felt like a case of deja vu, good cigar, I'm a fan. To end the day (possibly) I had a Camacho Triple Maduro robusto, this was the second robusto I've had and it was consistent with the first, that is to say it was pretty damn good...little bugger took me right around 90 minutes to smoke kinda like I thought it would, can't smoke these fast or they punish you.
    looking forward to trying the camacho triple maduro
  • chuckster121chuckster121 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Anyone tried Erin Go Bragh cigars?
  • d_nowelld_nowell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    Rocky Patel vintage 1990 very tasty i enjoyed it thoroughly
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:

I'm looking forward to having a few more. Today was a snowy day in the Ohio River Valley, I smoked a DPG JJ Maduro Selectos today on the way home from a friend's house. Was a pleasant smoke, but not his best by any means.
    bbc020:
    gmill880:

I'm looking forward to having a few more. Today was a snowy day in the Ohio River Valley, I smoked a DPG JJ Maduro Selectos today on the way home from a friend's house. Was a pleasant smoke, but not his best by any means.
    I personally liked the JJ natural much more than the maduro. For some reason I just didn't feel a maduro wrapper went well with the blend, the natural complements it much more I think.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    had a zino platinum shorty. not a bad smoke.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I had a CX2 yesterday, was a little stronger than I would expect, not a horrible cigar, but the wow factor wasn't there. I like the soprano's much better which is funny since I've been told that if you like the CX2 you'll like the sopranos.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    bbc020:
    gmill880:

I personally liked the JJ natural much more than the maduro. For some reason I just didn't feel a maduro wrapper went well with the blend, the natural complements it much more I think.

will have to get my hands on a Natural JJ
  • aaronjmaaronjm Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Tonight I'll have a Rocky Patel Sun Grown (Toro). I tried an Edge Maduro recently (my first Rocky Patel cigar) and I didn't like how it tasted dry and bitter. Should I expect more of these tastes in general from Rocky's cigars or is that just exclusive to The Edge? Anybody?
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    aaronjm:
    Tonight I'll have a Rocky Patel Sun Grown (Toro). I tried an Edge Maduro recently (my first Rocky Patel cigar) and I didn't like how it tasted dry and bitter. Should I expect more of these tastes in general from Rocky's cigars or is that just exclusive to The Edge? Anybody?
    You might have had a bad stick, probably needed a bit of age to it because I have yet to have an Edge Maduro that tasted bad. Also might have been dried out.

Most of what Rocky puts out is pretty good, the conditions that your stick was aged (or lack thereof) in might contribute to the flavors that you got out of the cigar.

As to what I would be smoking tonight if I didn't just get sick, it'd probably be a Nub Cammy that I got a few months back.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I had an R&J Reserva Real toro with a cup of coffee, last evening. This is just the most reliable cigar, ever. It's not going to knock anybody's socks off, but it's rock solid, every single time. Dead-on construction, draw, and burn. And I'm almost out of them. Time to re-supply!
    i really enjoy the r&j reserva real as well ... echo your sentiments
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I had the Cusano with the gold band that we got in the cotm package months and months ago. Liked it better this time than when I first smoked it.
    Is that the Xclusivo?
    urbino:
    Is that the Xclusivo?
    I think it was the LXI Habano Sun Grown. It didn't have the normal label that they have. I don't know if you remember but in June we got two new Cusano's that didn't have labels on them. They had more of a fabric band. One was orange and the other was gold. This was the gold. Well, if it wasn't the LXI Habano Sun Grown then is was the 59 Rare Cameroon but judging by what the labels look like now I think it was the LXI Habano Sun Grown going by the color of the label in the picture.
    got a couple a 59's resting in the humi.......as i remember the lxi had quite the kick to it
    I wasn't in COTMC in June.

I just had a Partagas Black, my first. It's good. I don't think I'll rush right out and buy more, but it's definitely worth a try if anybody's thinking about it.
    I had a Partagas Black Pyramid in my humidor for somewhere around 8-9 months, I decided to smoke it last week...And I'll be damned, the thing was plugged, and plugged so badly that no corrective measures would fix it. Now that is disappointment right there, resisting the urge to smoke it every time I looked at it, and then when I finally decide it's time, nada. Based on what little I was able to get out of it, I don't think I'd bother trying it again.

Today was gloomy and overcast, so I was lazy all day. I finally went outside with a Camacho Havana Petit and it just wasn't very good. I don't know if these things need extensive rest, like upwards of a year, but I wouldn't be surprised given that my track record is now 0/3 with this cigar. I just finished up with a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, one of my favorite cigars and a solid smoke, and these babies just keep tasting better with each one I have.
    That really sucks. I really like the blacks, surely worth another try.
    gmill880:
    I picked this stick up because of all the reviews for it, but after smoking one I can't say I enjoyed it. The aroma was pretty good, but just a little too woody for my tastes. I did give a stick to a friend of mine who did enjoy it. I guess I'm not a R&J guy.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    aaronjm:

I like the Edge better than the sun grown even the edge light - but that's me and I will try the sun grown again. I have a few decades which I would like to give a spin. The edge is pretty full - let me know how the sun grown fares your carousel. Smoke 'em slow and take your time...
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    Also smoked a house brand a guy gave me.... Well I bought of couple Don Carlos and threw one of the full bodied in and said to give it a try. It was very much up my alley and would lilke to revisit it again. Perhaps I sould get off the geek train and try one of Cc's brazilian label... Dont be such a snoot,,
  • btmislesbtmisles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    I picked this stick up because of all the reviews for it, but after smoking one I can't say I enjoyed it. The aroma was pretty good, but just a little too woody for my tastes. I did give a stick to a friend of mine who did enjoy it. I guess I'm not a R&J guy.

Had a Reserva Real #2 on Friday. This is the 5th Reserva Real I have smoked over the period of a couple of months. I have to agree with Pheobes. This stick doesn't do much for me either. I am not sure if it's too woody our just that the finish is a little too long and turns bitter at the end. A bit surprising because I have found that most of what Urbi recommends I do thoroughly enjoy. I will say that the burn and draw were impecible on all of them. Maybe the best construction consistency of any line that I have had.
    No smoke for me today. Have my car, but I did pick up 3 Anejo #77's. Never had one before. Hope they are all they are hyped up to be. I DO like the torpedo. Tim was like "You can get more!" I was like "I shouldn't even be spending anymore money on cigars for the next few months!" and he laughed.
    That's okay, Feebs and bt. We can't all have good taste. ;)