Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    So I walked into the B&M yesterday just to smoke a stick and talk to the manager about the whole job possibility again. Well, low and behold they're having an event. I wasn't even aware but they're having a CAO LX2 event, 5 different LX2's, 2 raffle tickets, free food and drink for $30. SO of course I partake and shell out my $30. Well about 10 minutes after I get there I get a txt from Brandon(bbc) asking how late the B&M is open bc he is in town for the weekend. I tell him about the event and before long he's up there and gets in on the fun as well. All and all a good evening. Brandon seemed to enjoy as well, he grabbed quite a selection before we left the B&M.
    Sounds like a good time to me.!
    Not too shabby at all.

so Maddy you still startin' in a week or so?

Actually I talked to the manager last night, they're struggling. He's had to cut hours on the employees he has, its tough times. So I'm not sure when I'll start
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    So I walked into the B&M yesterday just to smoke a stick and talk to the manager about the whole job possibility again. Well, low and behold they're having an event. I wasn't even aware but they're having a CAO LX2 event, 5 different LX2's, 2 raffle tickets, free food and drink for $30. SO of course I partake and shell out my $30. Well about 10 minutes after I get there I get a txt from Brandon(bbc) asking how late the B&M is open bc he is in town for the weekend. I tell him about the event and before long he's up there and gets in on the fun as well. All and all a good evening. Brandon seemed to enjoy as well, he grabbed quite a selection before we left the B&M.
    Not too shabby at all.

Actually I talked to the manager last night, they're struggling. He's had to cut hours on the employees he has, its tough times. So I'm not sure when I'll start

gottcha

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    Not too shabby at all.

gottcha

That sucks, it's only been a couple of weeks though, must have got bad quick. Well I do know I tried to get a job at the one I go too often and no go for me. I tried at least. I'd love to own a shop but with the way things are going on the cigar taxes that might never happen.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Just had a Victor Sinclair 55 Blue...their website said it had a fruity finish but I detected none. but it did have a nice earthy taste at the beginning then transitioned to a leather and coffee taste. All in all a pretty decent smoke.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Had a Padron 1926 no. 2 maduro this afternoon, six months on it, and VERY enjoyable. These really do age well.
    Don't know about tonight yet... maybe an Oliva O maduro... that sounds about right :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    Not too shabby at all.

gottcha

That sucks, it's only been a couple of weeks though, must have got bad quick. Well I do know I tried to get a job at the one I go too often and no go for me. I tried at least. I'd love to own a shop but with the way things are going on the cigar taxes that might never happen.
    Its been slowing down more and more from what I was told. THe owner told the manager to scaleback to just one person in the shop when he can instead of the normal 2.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    Had a Padron 1926 no. 2 maduro this afternoon, six months on it, and VERY enjoyable. These really do age well.
    Don't know about tonight yet... maybe an Oliva O maduro... that sounds about right :)
    Didn't you get a box laker? Glad to hear it, I have yet to have a maduro but I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 soon. I'm enjoying a gurkha black dragon, boy it's GOOD!!!!!!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Had a camacho 1962 churchill tonight...which was rough considering I was smoking in 20-some degree weather. But I really enjoyed this cigar. Started off with some nice pepper flavor and then developed a leather/woody flavor. Maybe a little leather too. This was the first camacho I've had and I really liked it.
    So what else does camacho put out that y'all like?
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    Didn't you get a box laker? Glad to hear it, I have yet to have a maduro but I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 soon. I'm enjoying a gurkha black dragon, boy it's GOOD!!!!!!

Hey Phobic, send me your addy. I can take care of your non maduro status.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Luko:
    I'm fond of the Camacho Triple Maduro robusto, it's a strong cigar but with a good flavor and unmistakable maduro taste. The Camacho Corojo is worth looking at if you want a really strong cigar...the flavor is good, nothing great, but it is a real knee knocker.
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    I'm fond of the Camacho Triple Maduro robusto, it's a strong cigar but with a good flavor and unmistakable maduro taste. The Camacho Corojo is worth looking at if you want a really strong cigar...the flavor is good, nothing great, but it is a real knee knocker.
    Thanks Jose...you like the 1962?
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I think the Havana is pretty tasty, Luko.
    I knew I was forgetting one...The Havana...of course. And yes Luko, I do like the 1962 but I'm not crazy about it, I think it is good and reliable.
    But it does require rest, I should say. The Havana, that is.
    Had a Java robusto maduro about noon today. About 28 degress with wind chill in the teens. Very hard to enjoy any cigar in those conditions and we have no indoor smoking areas at work . Can spring get here soon enough? 
    urbino:
    Thanks fellers...I'll check em out.
    urbino:
    Indeed. About three months made all the difference in the world, I've only got one left of the original H2's that I purchased. I almost don't want to smoke it because then I'll have to start all over again resting some more.
    I've still got most of the ones I bought after you sent me that first one. They should be in fine fettle now.
    OOhh, nice. I picked up some of the H3's about that same time...they too should be in fine fettle, as you say....I get the connotation of what that means, but what the hell is fettle? I have honestly never seen or heard of that word.
    Ask and ye shall be fettled.

I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many words that essentially mean the same thing. Time to trim the fat here, most kids can't even spell fettle let alone define it, and this is a condition I blame on the abundance of synonyms and words in general...there are so many that the youth give up before they have even tried. Really it's an epidemic, perhaps even a pandemic. I'd stick around, but I'm going to burn my dictionary in protest to words. :D
    Do what you have to do, but at least light a cigar with it. Personally, I like our surfeit of words, in English. It makes us more fun than the other languages. You know. Like a girl with big +i+s.
    urbino:
    Do what you have to do, but at least light a cigar with it. Personally, I like our surfeit of words, in English. It makes us more fun than the other languages. You know. Like a girl with big +i+s.
    Mmmmmm, +i+s. Surfelt good.
    urbino:
    lol, I kid of course. I like having a plethora of different words to use, if for no other reason than to inspire a look of confusion on the faces of people I know who don't have very...wide vocabularies.
    And how many words are in a plethora?
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    urbino:
    It's a well known fact that a plethora is an order of magnitude larger than a non-plethora...

I'm kicked back with a Perdomo La Tradicion P... Damn fine smoke...
    urbino:
    a lot...huh huh huh.

Back on to what is being smoked tonight, I just finished up half of a Drew Estates Liga Privada No.9 toro. This one seemed to be a bit over humidified as the burn suffered throughout and eventually extinguished itself on half of the cigar. That bummed me out, because it didn't even get to the point where it turned on the power.
    And I just enjoyed the Don Carlos double robusto that gm sent me a while. Along with the robusto and the #3, I've now had 3 sizes of this cigar, and you'd have to waterboard me to make me name a favorite. Thanks, Gene. You done good.
    Finished up with a Padilla '68 torpedo. Haven't smoked one of these in quite a while. I must've lost my mind, 'cause these are terrific. What a great cigar night.

urbino:
    And I just enjoyed the Don Carlos double robusto that gm sent me a while. Along with the robusto and the #3, I've now had 3 sizes of this cigar, and you'd have to waterboard me to make me name a favorite. Thanks, Gene. You done good.

Glad you enjoyed it buddy